What is the United States Department of Justice Virus?
The Unites States Department of Justice (DOJ) threat is a virus. This infection will produce a warning message for any system that is infected. From the looks of it, it appears to be an authentic government issued threat. However, this is just part of the scam. This is not from any government. It is a scam to make money. When your computer is blocked you will see a seal that look authentic. It’s a fake, too. The United States Department of Justice scam just scares users into buying the trick so they can spend their money. You shouldn’t the message will accuse you of crime like distribution of illegal content, child pornography and e-mail related crimes. It can be very scary to see. The best thing is to delete the entire threat from your system. This threat will even begin to use your webcam if it is available.
The message threatens to send both video and pictures to other servers to proof criminal activity. There is a timer included to increase the sense of panic in users. There is a made up case number and FBI Agent name. This scheme is very elaborate. They went to great lengths to make sure this virus looks real enough to scare people into buying the fake fix.
This scam will give you fee amounts. Some as big as $300.00 dollars. Here is what you might see:
YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED
The work of your computer has been suspended on the grounds of the violation of the law of the United States of America.
Article 274 – Copyright
A fine or imprisonment for the term of up to 4 years. (The use or sharing of copyrighted files-movies, software)
Amount of the fine is $300. Payment must be made within 24 hours after the discovery of the violation. If the fine has not been paid, you will become the subject of criminal prosecution.
They ask users to submit this money via MoneyPak. Don’t buy this fake solution. The Department of Justice virus is transmitted in a number of different ways. The infections can be coded into websites and even into online banners and advertisements.
You have to remove this threat. Here are some pointers.
DOJ REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS USING SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING
1. Reboot the system. Select F8 while this happens. This ensures Safe mode is used.
2. Choose safe mode with networking
3. Opt for MSConfig
4. Disable all start up items rundll32 turn on Application Data
5. Reboot for a last time
7. Scan with http://www.removevirus.org/spyware-doctor-with-antivirus . This program will locate the virus on your computer and erase it safely.
WHEN DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE MALWARE BLOCKS SAFE MODE
Sometimes viruses won’t allow users to access safe mode on their systems. Try the alternate method of using command prompt.
- Use command prompt to reboot with safe mode. The United States Department of Justice virus won’t be able to execute. Try to use a different user account if this command prompt option does not work. Use a different user account to run an Anti-Malware Program or call 1-888-392-2785 to www.PCNinja.com for help.
- Run regedit. Search for Winlogon.
- You’ll see a key called Shell it might be blank or refer to Explorer.exe. Rename anything that refers elsewhere with explorer.exe.
- Save all changes.
- Reboot the computer in safe mode with networking.
- Start msconfig
- Disable all startup entries. Reboot.
- Install and run SpyHunter then scan the system.
The United States Department of Justice Malware is Very Dangerous
The United States Department of Justice Malware is a Trojan Infection
The United States Department of Justice Malware gives false infection and security notifications.
The United States Department of Justice Malware tries to force clicks on advertisements
The United States Department of Justice Malware is likely controlled remotely
The United States Department of Justice Malware leaves opening for other spyware
The United States Department of Justice Malware can fix, update and spread by itself
The United States Department of Justice Malware is hard to erase without program or professional help
The United States Department of Justice Malware disrupts your privacy and puts your security at high risk
Manual Removal for The United States Department of Justice Malware
You will need to locate the files associated with this malware threat. Look for [random], from %AppData% or %Temp%. This virus gets downloaded when looking at a picture, playing a game or even looking at video. Even freeware may haave this infection bundled in with it. That’s why it’s always necessary to be careful.
How to tell if your PC has been infected by a Trojan such as The United States Department of Justice Malware?
This infection is giving control of your computer over to the hackers. It leaves back doors open and you will continue to be at risk until this threat is removed.
1. Your computer system will become unstable and may be prone to crashes. The infection is always running in the computer’s background. This is what helps to drag your computer speeds way down.
2. The internet connection will also be very slow. This is due to your private information and web history always being sent to other servers to make sure the scam lasts.
Be very careful when removing this threat. Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you need it