FBI Green Dot MoneyPak is a internet malware strike that is happening right now. There are people who are having lots of computer trouble due to this infection. The most scary thing about it, is people think the FBI is after them. The truth is, this is all a scam. the sole purpose is to make money from scaring people. Most of the noticeable effects of this threat look authentic. The best thing you can do to restore your computer is delete this threat from your computer all the way. All the warnings that pop up are fake and are not real.
How FBI Green Dot MoneyPak Infects Computers
This program is what is known as malware. Unfortunately, there is more than one mode of transmission for it. Some people will end up being tricked into downloading the threat on to their computer. The reason is because they are thinking it’s a safe, and useful program. In this case people don’t understand they are infected until they begin to see the symptoms. The second way this is transmitted is from security weakness. This could mean several things. It could mean the security updates for your computer are not current. This is why it is important to install all the security patches for your operating system. This could also mean there is not adequate antivirus protection install on your computer. Having a legitimate program installed on your computer is a long term plan of protection against online attacks like this one. If you don’t have one, these malware threats can take advantage of that and infect your system.
Is there Damage caused by FBI Green Dot MoneyPak Now?
This malware is not deleting files on your computer or stealing personal information. It will take over your computer and prevent it from running anything but the infection. Don’t waste your money. As long as the threat is actively running, then your computer will stay inaccessible. You will need to stop the threat from running by deleting the right files. You will notice that your computer’s webcam (if you have one) is turned on and takes photos. Don’t be afraid, it’s all just a trick. Delete this malware now.
FBI Green Dot MoneyPak Manual Removal Tips
The very first thing, and most important, is to erase the malware’s executable. Nothing will be able to be done until this step is complete. Deleting this file means that you have essentially stopped the threat from taking over your computer system. most important thing to do first is to stop the executable from running on your computer. You will need to know that the file will be different on different computers but will look like a weird “virus-Filename.exe.” It’s very important you know where to look to find it.
Make sure that you select hidden files and folders when you start to look for this executable. These hidden parts are where you will have to start because it’s more than likely stored there. If you don’t have this selected, you might have a hard time locating this file.
Search for the file for the malware with these paths
- C:UsersUSER NAMEAppData
- C:UsersUSER NAMEAppDataLocal.
1. Use the sort by date option to narrow your search. The actual file should be renamed because no file can be erased if currently in use. Browse through the file locations and hidden files and folders. Click the file. It will be easy to identify because it won’t look like the rest at all. Once you find the file then rename it and promptly restart your computer. Delete it after that.
2. Another option is try to use Safe Mode to boot your computer. You can locate the file in the same way with the same file paths. Safe Mode with Networking . Once you do that you may be able to erase the file. Use the file paths given above. You can also use “Safe Mode with Networking”. After the file is deleted, find an antivirus program you can trust to stop this from happening again.
3. Use a different user account to sign into your computer. Then follow the same steps to delete the malware off the system.
4. Task Manager may be of some assistance when trying to erase this malware. Pull up Task Manager. As soon as you sign in stop the process. Erase the executable as fast as possible.
5. Command prompt can be used to delete the file and stop the it from running. Stop the task and the erase the file using file locations.
FBI Green Dot MoneyPak is not causing very much damage to the computer it’s on. It is high jacking it and you will not have your computer back until it is deleted from the system complete. It’s extremely important to do a full system scan after the virus is removed. This will ensure the malware is gone from the computer and also that there are not other infections installed that you didn’t know about. Follow the full removal guide for video, program and other help over at http://www.removevirus.org/fbi-greendot-moneypak.